Handoffs between SDR and AE, and from AE to CSM are common. However, often the person holding the meeting doesn't need to be the meeting owner. Outreach makes it simple to reassign/update the meeting owner for easier handoff.
Update the Meeting Owner and Apply a New Meeting Type
- On the Outreach navigation panel, click on the calendar icon. Find the meeting that needs to be adjusted and click into it.
- On the pop-up box, select "Edit Meeting".
- Select the new meeting owner from the dropdown. If needed, you can also re-apply a meeting type to update any sender variables.
- If you do not want the original meeting owner on the invite, remove them from the guest list.
- Save your changes.
Note: In order to edit a meeting, you must either be the meeting booker, meeting owner, or an Outreach admin.
Send Updates to the New Meeting Owner & Prospects
When you save changes to your calendar invite, you'll see a prompt that says "Would you like to send updates to existing guests?"
- Selecting "Yes" will do the following:
- A new invite will be sent to the prospect and will show the prospect as not yet responded. The old invite will be replaced on the prospect’s calendar with the new invite
- For Outreach users using Google - A cancellation will NOT send to the prospect
- For Outreach users using Outlook - A cancellation WILL send to the prospect
- Selecting "No" will do the following:
- No email update will be sent to the prospect
- The old invite will be replaced on the prospect’s calendar with the new invite
When the meeting owner is changed, regardless of which option you select in the "Send Updates?" box, the following will always occur:
- The meeting booker and meeting owner will show as accepted
- The new owner will get a notification that a meeting has been booked on their calendar (unless they changed the meeting themselves)
- The SFDC event corresponding with the old meeting will update with the new owner
Syncing Updates to Salesforce
When the meeting owner is updated, the SFDC event corresponded with the original meeting will update with the new owner and attendee list, assuming "Outbound Update" is enabled for Events in the plugin.