The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in manually resuming Sequenced Prospects in a pending state.
- Outreach Users
- Newly Added Prospects appear in a pending state if the Sequence Throttle settings are not configured. For more information regarding Sequence Throttle settings, refer to the How To Configure Sequence Throttles article.
- Prospects are added to Sequences as configured by the User. For more information regarding adding Prospects to a Sequence, refer to the How To Add Prospects to a Sequence article.
How To Resume Pending Prospects:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Sequence icon (paper plane) in the navigation sidebar.
- Sort and filter and click to select the applicable Sequence.
- Click Prospects and select Prospects from the dropdown menu.
- Click the More Options (ellipses) to the right of the applicable pending Prospect and select Activate.
- Click Yes to confirm activation.
Refresh the browser to confirm the Prospect is activated in the sequence as configured.
Add Bounced Prospects Back into a Sequence:
Once you see that your prospect's email has bounced in your sequence, you have the ability to update their contact information and retry email delivery. However, depending on your sequence's ruleset's safety settings, you might not be able to add the prospect back into the sequence because "this prospect has already been targeted."
To fix this, you should go to your sequence, and find the prospects that have bounced. Click into the prospect profile, update their email, and retry the prospect. The prospect will receive the email associated with the step that bounced.