Advanced Task Mapping lets you ensure that specific data points from activities created and completed in Outreach are carried over into specific fields in your CRM's activity logs. This is helpful for Sales Managers and CRM Admins to run reporting on open or completed activity within Outreach.
With Advanced Task Mapping enabled, you can:
- Map to custom fields on the task object instead of the activity history
- Push prospect engagement data to fields on the prospect record
- Consolidate events (number of opens, clicks)
- Granularly configure how activities are posted to the CRM's Tasks
Setting up Advanced Task Mappings
Once you have contacted Outreach support to turn on this functionality within your Outreach instance, you will see three new objects listed in your plugin type’s menu: Tasks <> Outreach Calls, Tasks <> Outreach Mailings, and Tasks <> Generic Outreach Tasks. Please find more details on each object later in the support documentation.
Defining Sync Options
When you click into any of the Task objects in the plugin, we suggest enabling the following options:
- Pushing - Automatically push tasks from Outreach to your CRM
- Outbound Create - Permission to create new tasks in CRM
- Outbound Update - Allows open tasks to be marked as completed in your CRM upon the task's completion in Outreach
- Automatically Associate Activity with Opportunity (optional) - Associate the task with the most recent opportunity
Polling and Inbound Update are not used or necessary on the customizable activity mapping, since all task creation and updates will be made in Outreach and pushed up to your CRM.
Note: The Advanced Task Mapping does not allow for a bi-directional sync, and Tasks created in your CRM will not flow into Outreach. Similarly, if you are pushing Tasks from Outreach up to your CRM and making edits, such as marking them complete, these updates will not pass back into Outreach. In order to make sure data is flowing correctly, we highly recommend that all updates be made to the Tasks within Outreach and pushed up to your CRM.
Defining Field Settings
Field settings determine which fields on the task should be updated by Outreach. The available fields differ based on the task type that is mapped in the plugin. Full field settings for each task type can be found in the support documentation for each task type.
Each task type will already have the standard mappings created. However, custom templates are available for use if an Outreach field does not exist or does not match the corresponding field that you’d like to map.