The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in importing opportunities from a Salesforce report.
- Outreach Users
Import an Opportunity Salesforce Report into Outreach
- From any page in Outreach, Click the Quick Action > Bulk Create.
Click Opportunity Salesforce Report
Note: Your Salesforce report must be saved in the Unfiled Public Reports folder to successfully import into Outreach. Additionally, Salesforce reports can only display up to 2,000 records at a time. If you have more than 2,000 records to import, you will need to filter down your data further to break the records out across multiple reports.
- Select the appropriate report and frequency and click Done in the modal. Click on Next to continue.
- Map the columns of your Salesforce Report to corresponding fields in Outreach. For example: Opportunity Name field in Outreach is mapped to the Opportunity Name column in the Salesforce report. If there are fields that aren't needed in Outreach, you can leave the mapping blank and they will not be imported into Outreach.
Click next and on the third import screen select an owner for all the records in the Salesforce report. You will have have the following options:
- The owner will default to the individual importing the Opportunity. You can select a new owner from the dropdown menu or select "use owner from data", found at the top of the dropdown menu.
- Decide what to do with duplicates. Update Missing Fields will update only fields that are not already present. Overwrite Existing Fields will replace existing information on the prospect with the information contained in the spreadsheet (overwritten fields only apply to fields mapped in the second step of the import). Skip will skip updating information on prospects that already exist in Outreach.
- Add tags to the list of records to easily find and group them together (optional)
- Click Next and Start Import when you're ready.