Smart Views allows you to save your everyday search queries into a saved 'folder' located in the Smart Views icon at the top of your record list (Prospects, Templates, Sequences, etc.) Admins can set these views for other users in order to have an efficient workflow. They also serve as an important way to offer visibility and organization, ease of use, and collaboration.
Creating a New Smart View
Smart Views can be added to all list views (Opportunities, prospects, accounts, sequences, templates, snippets, tasks, calls and the outbox).
- To create a new smart view, filter your list by the fields that you commonly search for.
- On the top right of the page, click on the "Views & Filters" button. Make sure the "Smart Views" option is selected on the top of the drawer that appears.
- On the bottom of the drawer, select "+Save as a New Smart View"
- Name your Smart View, select an owner, and decide whether you'd like the Smart View to be private or shared.
- Create your Smart View.
Edit an Existing Smart View
- On your list view page, open the "Views & Filters" drawer and select "Smart Views" when the drawer appears.
- Find the Smart View that needs to be modified, and click on the dropdown arrow that appears when you hover over the name.
- Select "Overwrite" to overwrite the existing view with the filters on your screen.
- Select "Edit" to adjust the name of the Smart View, the Smart View owner, and privacy settings.
Set a Default Smart View
- To edit an existing Smart View, open the "Views and Filters" drawer on the top left hand side of the list view.
- Find the Smart View that you'd like to set as the default.
- Hover over the name and click on the arrow that appears. From the dropdown menu, select "Set Default".
Note: When you set a Smart View as the default, the list view will automatically apply the filters that were set when the Smart View was created.