CSV files are a reliable way to import a list of Opportunities into Outreach. A CSV is a "comma separated values" file, which allows data to be saved in a table structured format, similar to Excel files (.xls).
Please note, the Closed Date field must be in MM/DD/YYYY (Month/Day/Year) format.
To create a CSV file from an Excel file, choose the Save As option and change the file type to .csv - Comma Separated Values.
Import an Opportunity CSV file into Outreach
- Click the "Quick Action" or the lighting icon in the upper right hand corner and choose "Bulk Create"
- On the import page, click on the dropdown and select “Opportunities comma-separated values file (.csv)”. Select your file and click the Next button on the top right corner.
- Map the columns of your CSV to corresponding fields in Outreach. For example: "Name" field in Outreach is mapped to the "Opportunity Name" column in the CSV file. If your CSV file contains data that is not relevant for Outreach, you can leave them unmapped and they will not be imported into Outreach.
- Click next and on the third import screen select an owner for all the records in the CSV. You will have have the following options:
- The owner will default to the individual importing the Opportunities. You can select a new owner from the dropdown menu or select "use owner from data", found at the top of the dropdown menu.
- Decide what to do with duplicates. Update Missing Fields will update only fields on the Opportunities that are not already present. Overwrite Existing Fields will replace existing information on the Opportunities with the information contained in the spreadsheet (overwritten fields only apply to fields mapped in the second step of the import). Skip will skip updating information on prospects that already exist in Outreach.
- Add tags to the list of records to easily find and group Opportunties together (optional)
- Load additional data from Salesforce to sync the Opportunities with the corresponding data in Salesforce.