Note: This is a BETA Feature
|This feature is currently in beta and generally not available for additional customers at this time. However, if this feature is critical to your business, please reach out to your Outreach account contact to discuss your business needs.
The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in reviewing the mapping settings for syncing text messages between Outreach and Salesforce.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach recommends discussing the Texting feature with your AE prior to enabling and configuring the feature.
How To Review Mapping for Texting with Salesforce
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Plugin settings.
- On the Types landing page, click the Task Messenger Group object. Note: Outreach recommends enabling the Pushing, Outbound Create, and Outbound Update options.
- On the Sync landing page, click Fields in the menu bar.
Note: Required fields are added by default, which contains the text information that will be synced to the activity in Salesforce.
When you click into the Salesforce activity, the comment section will show the full conversation history. Outreach will pull the text messages every 15 minutes to see if there’s a new message that needs to be updated in the Salesforce activity. If no messages are sent or received after 15 minutes, a new activity will be created in Salesforce when the conversation restarts.