The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in reviewing the mapping settings for syncing text messages between Outreach and Salesforce.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click on the user's initials in the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Plugins under the System Config section in the settings navigation panel.
- Click the Salesforce plugin.
- On the Types landing page, click the Task Messenger Group object.
Note: Outreach recommends enabling the Pushing, Inbound Update, Outbound Create, and Outbound Update options.
- On the Sync landing page, click Fields in the menu bar.
Note: Required fields are added by default, which contains the text information that will be synced to the activity in Salesforce.
When you click into the Salesforce activity, the comment section will show the full conversation history. Outreach will pull the text messages every 15 minutes to see if there’s a new message that needs to be updated in the Salesforce activity. If no messages are sent or received after 15 minutes, a new activity will be created in Salesforce when the conversation restarts.