As your company scales, you’re creating more templates, snippets, and sequences to target different personas and use cases. To keep things organized, Outreach has collections. Collections let you group your content and decide which content can be used by specific teams.
Similar to creating prospect sages, you’ll need to create collection labels to easily identify the content that belongs within the same group.
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the setting panel that appears, find the section labeled “System Config” and click into “Collections”.
- On the top right hand corner, click “+Collections”. A pop-up window will appear. Name your collection and select an identifying color.
- Repeat step 3 until you have all collections you require.
Assigning Collections to Outreach Content
Once you’ve created labels for your collection, you’ll need to assign your content. Content can only be added by admins, but apply to templates, snippets, and sequences. In the steps outlined below, we’ll show an example of assigning a content collection to templates, but the process is the same for all options.
- Find the content that you’d like to organize into a collection. You can navigate to templates, snippets, and sequences from the left-hand navigation panel.
- On the list view, find the content that should be together and click on the checkbox next to the content name.
- On the top of the page, click on the folder icon. From the dropdown menu, select “add to collection”. A pop-up window will appear. When you click into the “collections” field, you’ll see a dropdown menu with the labels we created from earlier. Find and select the appropriate label.
- Click “Add” to finalize the selection.
- You’ll see a new label added to the content, signifying which collection the templates belong to.
Note: You can repeat these steps to remove content from a particular collection. In step 3, instead of selecting “add to collection” you’d select “remove from collection” and follow the same steps. The label will be removed from the selected content.
Assigning Collections of Content to Teams
Once you’ve organized your Outreach content into different collections, you can assign collections of content to Outreach teams. This helps your teams easily sort through the Outreach content that is most relevant to their role, and makes finding the right content faster and simpler. With collections in place, individuals will only see content that is grouped in collections they are assigned. If a team has only one collection, they will only see content contained in that collection.
- Click on the initials on the bottom left-hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the setting panel that appears, find the section labeled “User Admin” and select “teams”.
- There are two ways to assign collections.
- From the list view, you can find the team names that should be assigned collections. Click on the checkbox next to the team name and find the folder icon on the top of the page. Click “Add to collections” and select the appropriate collections from the dropdown menu that appears. Click “Add” to apply your changes.
- Click into the team to see a list of teammates. On the top of the page, click “settings”. Find the collections setting and click into the text box. Select the appropriate collections from the dropdown menu that appears and click “Add” to save your changes.
Sorting Content by Collection
Once a collection is assigned to a team, they can sort content by the collection to find relevant content quickly. You can only see collections for teams you are a part of.
You can sort content by collections when adding prospects to a sequence.
Note: When you search for your content, you’ll always see your favorites at the top of the list. If you have content that you’ve created yourself, these pieces of content will show after your favorites. Below your favorites and content that you own, you’ll see the content included in the team collection.
You also have the ability to sort & filter snippet, template, and sequence collections. When you open the sort & filter drawer on any of these three pages, you have a “collection” menu that segments content contained within the collection selected. Save your frequent searches as a smart view to find the content you need in a few clicks!