Sales managers are constantly faced with the challenge to develop new reps during onboarding into high performing contributors. Companies bringing in inexperienced reps face the challenge of how to produce well-equipped, trained, and confident sales reps in a short time.
Outreach’s Live Call Coaching helps overcome the challenge of how to get new reps ramped up faster, and the sales reps will quickly become confident in their ability to contribute by being equipped to handle a sales call.
Note: For this feature to be activated, the individual that wants to use live call coaching must have a governance profile that has live listen permitted. In addition, calls can only be joined via VOIP and will not work if you are using Bridge.
How to Join a Call for Live Call Coaching
- Click on the phone icon located on the left-hand side of the Outreach platform.
- Click on the “Sort & Filter” button on the top of the call page. On the panel that appears, make sure you have “sort & filter” selected.
- Find the section labeled “states” and check the box next to “in progress”. This will pull a list of calls that are live and available to join.
- To connect to the call for coaching, click the three dots on the right and click “join”. Neither the rep or the prospect can hear you when you first join the call.
- To provide live call coaching to the rep, click the button on the left of the callbar and click “coach teammate” in the call coaching menu. You’ll notice that the button will change from “listening” to “coaching”. Only the rep will be able to hear you. The prospect will not hear your coaching.
- To join the call and speak to both the rep and the prospect, click the button on the left of the callbar and select “join conversation”. You’ll notice that the button will change from “coaching” to “talking”.
- You can switch between the three states at any time during the call. The button on the left of the callbar will always show your current coaching state.
- When you wish to disconnect from the call, click the red hangup button; the call will continue between the rep and prospect without interruption when you disconnect.