Amplify’s Return Date Extraction feature extracts contact information from a sender's email and automatically sends you an inbox notification to take action. Our machine learning technology can identify OOO emails and automatically pause and resume the sequence based on the return date in the email, extract new contact information from the email, and notify the rep on actions to take - right from their inbox.
Enabling the Amplify Return Date Extraction Feature
To enable the Return Date Extraction feature, make sure you’ve downloaded the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension and enabled the extension in Gmail. At this time, this feature is not available for individuals using Outlook, Exchange, Office 365, or other mail servers.
Amplify’s Return Date Extraction will only appear on replies to sequence emails where the sequence ruleset has this feature enabled. By default, Amplify will be enabled on all rulesets. Admins can adjust which sequences have this feature enabled by doing the following:
- Click on the initials on the bottom left-hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the settings panel that appears, find the section labeled “System Config” and select “Rulesets”.
- Click into a ruleset and find the “Out of the Office Settings”. The “Resume OOTO Prospects” setting must be enabled to see the option to disable Amplify.
- Uncheck the box next to the setting labeled “Use Amplify return date”. If this box is unchecked, the Amplify Return Date Extraction notification will not appear for OOO email replies attached to sequences where this ruleset is used.
Using the Amplify Return Date Extraction Feature
When a you receive an automatic email (OOO or No longer with the company) Amplify can identify the return date in the email and automatically pause & resume the sequence based on the return date in the email.
When Amplify recognizes the OOO, you’ll see a notification appear in your inbox.
When the notification appears, you have a few options.
- Ignore Amplify’s detection - If you uncheck the box next to the Amplify suggestion, the prospect will respect the sequence OOO settings, rather than using the date that is suggested by Amplify
- Accept Amplify’s suggestion -Keeping the suggestion checked will pause the prospect in the sequence they’re currently active in until the date suggested by Amplify. The prospect will automatically resume in the sequence on the date suggested by Amplify and at the time the OOO email was initially received.
- Make adjustments to Amplify’s suggestion - Keeping the suggestion checked will pause the prospect in the sequence they’re currently active in until the date suggested by Amplify. Clicking the extracted date (in blue) opens a calendar view where you can select the desired date to resume the prospect in the active sequence.
FAQ For Amplify Out of Office (OOO) Date Extraction
How exactly does the Amplify return date feature work?
The next event in a sequence will be “auto-paused” as soon as Amplify processes the message and set to resume at the extracted return date. When/if you open the OOO message, you can tweak the resume date to your liking, or ignore it and let Amplify do its thing.
How does Amplify differentiate between US (MM/DD/YYYY) and international (DD/MM/YYYY) style dates?
Currently it does not. Dates are assumed to be formatted in the US style (month before day). Of course YYYY-MM-DD style dates or explicitly written dates (“January 15th 2019”) will still be handled properly across all regions. This is a high priority area for subsequent releases.
Feature can be disabled on a per ruleset basis. So if you have separate rulesets for EMEA sequences, they can be excluded.
To limit false extractions there is a 100 day cap limit in place. Amplify will not pick up a return date that is more than 100 days out from the current date. You also have the option to override the Amplify suggestion if it is incorrect.
Will OOO referrals and return dates be extracted from all OOO emails?
No. Only for OOO emails received from prospects who are currently in a sequence.
If sequences are auto-paused and auto-resumed when return dates are extracted, why do I need to see that in the popup?
This is mainly to communicate what Amplify has done and will do. It also lets you customize the sequence resume date.
Can I modify the return date Amplify suggests?
Yes. Click the extracted date (in blue). This opens a calendar view where you can select the desired date to resume the prospect in the active sequence.
What if an OOO message does not explicitly mention a return date?
For generic OOO messages like “I am currently OOO”, the default ruleset assigned to the sequence the prospec it in, will be used. If the “Resume OOTO Prospects” option is enabled, the fixed wait time will be used to auto-resume. Otherwise, if it is disabled, the sequence will not be auto-resumed.
Can Amplify extract relative return dates (example: “I will return the end of next week”)?
Yes. Amplify extracts both absolute and relative dates. For relative dates, the email send date is used to calculate when “the end of next week” actually is.
What data quality controls are in place?
Extracted return dates beyond 100 days from the send date are ignored. This is why we don’t auto-pause the sequence. We find these extractions are usually 1) wrong or 2) too aggressive to automate without explicit consent.