The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in enabling the Amplify Return Date Extraction feature.
Amplify's Return Date Extraction feature extracts contact information from a sender's email and automatically sends you an inbox notification to take action. Our machine learning technology can identify out of the office (OOO or OOTO) emails and automatically pause and resume the sequence based on the return date in the email, extract new contact information from the email, and notify the rep on actions to take.
- Outreach Users
- International dates are not yet supported by this feature.
- The Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension must be installed and enabled prior to enabling the Return date extraction feature. For more information regarding installation of Outreach Everywhere, refer to the Installing the Outreach Everywhere Chrome Extension article.
- The return date only appears on replies to sequence emails where the sequence ruleset has this featured enabled. By default, Amplify is enabled on all rulesets when this feature is turned on.
- Outreach Admins can manually disable the return date extraction from a specific ruleset as applicable. For more information regarding sequence rulesets, refer to the Sequence Rulesets Overview article.
How To Enable Amplify Return Date Extraction:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Org under the User Admin section of the Settings panel.
- Click to select or deselect the Enable OOO Return Date Extraction option under the Admin section.
- Click Save.
Enabled (selected/checked) Amplify will resume a Prospect in a sequence based on the date extracted from the OOO response as configured.
Using the Amplify Return Date Extraction Feature:
When you receive an automatic email (OOO or No longer with the company) Amplify can identify the return date in the email and automatically pause and resume the sequence based on the return date in the email. When Amplify recognizes the OOO, you'll see a notification appear in your inbox.
When the notification appears, you have the following options:
- Ignore Amplify's detection - If you uncheck the box next to the Amplify suggestion, the Prospect will respect the sequence OOO settings, rather than using the date that is suggested in Amplify.
- Accept Amplify's suggestion - Keeping the suggestion check will pause the Prospect in the sequence they're currently active in until the date suggested by Amplify. The Prospect will automatically resume in the sequence on the date suggested by Amplify and at the time the OOO email was initially received.
- Make adjustments to Amplify's suggestion - Keeping the suggestion checked will pause the Prospect in the sequence they're currently active in until the date suggested by Amplify. Clicking the extracted date (in blue) opens a calendar view where you can select the desired date to resume the Prospect in the active sequence.