When importing a list of prospects, accounts, or opportunities, Outreach completes several checks to ensure those records are properly formatted and do not include duplicates. Any records that do not pass those checks will fail to import in order to keep your data clean in the platform. After running an import that results in some or all of your records failing to import, you can follow these steps to determine the reason for that failure. You can then fix the error and retry the import to load your records into Outreach.
Finding Failed Imports
- Click the circle with your initials in the bottom left corner to be taken to your settings page.
- Under "System Activity" in the left navigation bar, find and click "Imports."
- If needed, adjust the filters by clicking the magnifying glass button at the top of the page. For example, you can filter to view imports created by a specific user only.
- Failed imports will appear as red on the progress bar. If some records succeeded and some failed, you will see the bar is part green (succeeded records) and part red (failed records.) Click the bar that shows how many records failed to view the reason for the failure(s).
- A window will appear listing the reason for any failed imports and how many records failed for that reason.