The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach users in meeting the minimum connection requirements to successfully connect Microsoft Dynamics to Outreach.
- The Outreach user must have Admin permission within Outreach to access the plugin settings for the connection.
- Outreach uses REST API calls to communicate and sync with Dynamics.
Microsoft Dynamics Plugin Connection Requirements
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales cloud-hosted by Microsoft.
Note: Outreach does not currently support Dynamics On-Premise.
- Outreach uses OAuth to connect with Microsoft Dynamics
- Dynamics must authorize Outreach through a Dynamics System User and meet the following requirements:
- The Dynamics System User must be able to modify data (create, edit, delete, etc.) on required objects that need to be shown in Outreach (i.e. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, System Users, Roles, Tasks, and Appointments).
- The System User connecting Dynamics to Outreach is API enabled (typically done by default).
To Confirm Microsoft Dynamics Release Version & Platform Information
- In the MS Dynamics platform home screen, click the settings (cog) icon in the upper right.
- From the dropdown, click About.
- Review the informational pop-up window.
Note: When contacting Outreach Support for questions or issues regarding connecting Dynamics to Outreach, include the information from the About window, and whether Dynamics CRM is being used as On-Premise, Online, or Hosted.