The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach users in meeting the minimum connection requirements to successfully connect Microsoft Dynamics to Outreach.
- The Outreach user must have Admin permission within Outreach to access the plugin settings for the connection.
- Outreach uses REST API calls to communicate and sync with Dynamics.
- Confirm the version of MS Dynamics being used. For more information on verifying the MS Dynamics version, refer to the Confirm Microsoft Dynamics Version article. Note: If you have questions regarding connecting Dynamics to Outreach, contact Outreach Support and include the version of Microsoft Dynamics being used, and whether Dynamics is being used as On-Premise CRM, Online CRM, or Hosted CRM.
Microsoft Dynamics Plugin Connection Requirements
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales cloud-hosted by Microsoft.
Note: Outreach does not currently support Dynamics On-Premise.
- Dynamics must authorize Outreach through a Dynamics System User and meet the following requirements:
- The Dynamics System User must be able to modify data (create, edit, delete, etc.) on required objects that need to be shown in Outreach (i.e. Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, System Users, Roles, Tasks, and Appointments).
- The System User connecting Dynamics to Outreach is API enabled (typically done by default).