The purpose of this article is to provide best practices for Outreach users in using the Voicemail Drop feature in Outreach Voice.
- Record at least 2-3 voicemails to choose from that will dictate your basic information as well as what your product/service can provide.
- Listen to your voicemail before saving to confirm the voicemail is clear, concise, and engaging.
- Limit background noise. Depending on the headset being used and how sensitive the microphone is, the voicemail could include unwanted background noise.
- Don't leave a voicemail before the voicemail tone initiates. You want to ensure there is not a unique extension that you would have needed to dial or a series of buttons to press when leaving the voicemail. If you press the button too early, it does not guarantee that the voicemail will be left or if the voicemail is whole.
- Don't forget to personalize! You want to ensure that the prospect feels like this is tailored to them and their needs without recording a voicemail for every single prospect.