The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in enabling transactional sequences.
Transactional Sequences provide the ability to communicate with Prospects outside the parameters of a Prospect's opt-out status. This new sequence type introduces the ability for Outreach users to send emails through sequences in regards to account updates, terms of services, changes, and other essential business transactions. Transactional emails are for relationship-based interactions which differ from the common sales, commercial type, emails. Though Outreach provides support to comply with consumer privacy rights, it is recommended to discuss any legal questions with your company's corporate lawyer to determine what is considered transactional material and content.
How To Create a Transactional Sequence
Note: Users must have permission to create a sequence in the Outreach platform in order to complete this process.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Sequences icon on the left-hand side of the navigation sidebar.
- On the Sequence landing page, click the applicable sequence.
- Click Settings in the menu bar.
- On the Settings landing page, click to enable the Transactional Sequence option.
- Click Save.