The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in syncing users from Microsoft Dynamics to the Outreach platform via the Inbound Create option.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach does not sync users from Dynamics into Outreach. This option must be enabled after enabling the plugin.
- When enabled, Dynamics users will be automatically created in Outreach.
- Dynamics users must exist in Outreach in order for Outreach to sync CRM records and activities correctly. Outreach recommends that enabling user sync after enabling the plugin.
- Outreach users created via user sync are locked by default and cannot be used to login until activated.
- Users created via sync will not count against license limit until assigning a license to users. For more information regarding activating users, refer to the Activate a Locked Outreach User Seat article.
How to Sync Dynamics Users to Outreach via Inbound Create
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the Dynamics Plugin.
- On the Dynamics settings page, click the System Users object in the Types list.
- Click the Systemusers object in the Types list.
- Click to enable the applicable Inbound Create options as described in the table below:
Inbound Create Option Description Create New Users Outreach syncs only new users. Create associated Contacts, Leads and Accounts Outreach syncs any Contacts, Leads, and Accounts associated with new users. + add condition Create criteria to sync specific groups of users. Sync data down after manual create inside Outreach Outreach pulls in any additional information available in Dynamics for mapped fields, when records are manually created in Outreach. Update existing Users Outreach syncs relevant updates to Dynamics' users.
- Click Save.
- Click Poll to initiate a one-time sync of users.
Users will now sync from Dynamics to Outreach based on the parameters defined above.