The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in syncing basic opt-out functions to objects in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Only users with Admin Governance can complete this process.
- Organizations using a marketing automation solution need to consult their marketing team to determine the type of sync required between opt-out fields.
Outreach uses a bidirectional field mapping to sync the Dynamics Do Not Allow Emails field in the connected instance to the Outreach Opted Out field on the Lead and Contact objects.
The mapping is added in the Fields tab of the Lead or Contact section of the Dynamics plugin.
How To Map the Opt-Out Field In Outreach
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left-hand corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Plugins under the System Config section in the navigation panel.
- Click the Dynamics plugin.
- Click the Lead or Contact object in the Types list as applicable.
- On the object's settings page, click Fields in the menu bar.
- Click Add. Note: The new field mapping appears in the bottom of the Mapped Fields list.
- Select the applicable opt-out option from the Select Prospect Field dropdown menu in the Outreach Prospect Field column.
- Select the applicable Do Not... option from the Select Leads Field dropdown menu in the Dynamics Leads Field column. Note: The Dynamics column will display Contact if applying opt-out settings to a Contact object.
- Click Save. The opt-out field is now mapped in the Dynamics plugin in Outreach.