The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in manually mapping a user to the Dynamics plugin.
For more information on using the polling feature to sync users, refer to the applicable article.
- Search for existing user mapping prior to adding an additional user mapping to avoid syncing conflicts.
- The external Dynamics ID must be used to search for existing mappings; searching for a user name will return no results.
Outreach and Dynamics are constantly sending information back and forth through the bidirectional sync set up in the plugin. Every record in Outreach (Prospects, accounts, tasks, etc.) must be mapped to its corresponding record in Dynamics so Outreach knows where to move data updates. The same is true for users. Mapping users pushes activities to Dynamics and any mapped fields to the user-level update.
When applicable, a user may need to be manually mapped.
How To Manually Map A User To Dynamics
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the Dynamics Plugin.
- Click the System User object in the Types list.
- Click Mappings in the menu bar.
- Click Add in the top right-hand corner of the settings page.
- Select the applicable options from the corresponding Dynamics User and Outreach User dropdown menus.
- Click Save.
Fixing Mismatched Mappings
While looking in this area of the plugin, you may notice mappings that don't match. This can be the result of repurposing seats instead of creating new seats to replace old ones.
You'll know a mapping is incorrect if the name on the left doesn't match the name on the right. To fix this, hover over the incorrect mapping and click the dropdown arrow that appears on the right and click Remove.