The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in importing accounts from Microsoft Dynamics into Outreach via CSV.
Note: Due to API Call Usage and the impact Account Importing can impose on API Calls, Outreach recommends users wait until end of business day Friday to import the Accounts CSV.
Before Completing This Process, Admins Have:
- Created and Mapped Fields: Custom ID <> Account ID.
- Exported a CSV Account Report from Microsoft Dynamics
How To Import Microsoft Dynamics Accounts via CSV
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Actions button and select Bulk Create from the options menu.
- On the Import / Select Data Source landing page, select Accounts comma-separated values file (.csv) from the Import Type: dropdown menu.
- Click the Click to select a file button and select the applicable CSV file.
- Click Open and click Next.
- On the Configure Fields landing page, confirm the fields are correct and click to enable the Assign Account option as applicable. Note: Click and select the applicable options from the dropdown menus to the right of each field to make changes.
- Click Next.
- On the Fields Overrides landing page, select the applicable option from the What to do with duplicates?: dropdown menu.
- Complete the remaining fields as applicable and click Next.
- On the Perform landing page, click Start Import. Result: Record data imports into the Outreach Platform.
- Select all accounts as applicable.
- Click the More Options (...) icon and select the Synchronize with Dynamics option.
- On the Synchronize Account window, select Pull down data from Dynamics option.
- Click to enable the Skip plugin filters and conditions, and Force update of all fields options as applicable.
- Click Sync.