The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in enabling the Display Record Name field in Outreach for Salesforce.
- All Outreach Users
Whenever you map an Outreach text field to a CRM, you may want to import the record name (instead of ID) of the related CRM object referenced in the CRM look field.
- Mapping AE Owner (user lookup field) for leads or contacts to an Outreach Custom field.
- Mapping CRM campaign field for Leads or Contacts to an Outreach Custom field.
- Mapping a CRM Lead Source lookup field to an Outreach Prospect Source field.
- Mapping a CRM custom lookup field to an Outreach Custom field.
How To Enable the Display Record Name Field in Salesforce
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the CRM Plugin.
- Click the applicable Object in the Types list.
- On the Object Settings landing page, click Fields in the menu bar.
- On the the Fields Settings landing page, click Add to add another field.
- Select the applicable custom field from the Outreach Field dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable field from the Salesforce Field dropdown menu.
- Click to enable the Update In option.
- Select Advanced from the More Options dropdown menu.
- Click to enable the Display Name instead of record ID option and click Done.
Note: Mapped field and Display Name Instead of Record ID are mutually exclusive functionalities and cannot be enabled simultaneously.