The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in configuring an Outreach Success Plan’s Timeline.
The Timeline of an Outreach Success Plan outlines the different phases that will take place during the sales cycle as well as the primary tasks and meetings that make up each phase.
- Outreach Users
- There are five primary processes in creating an Outreach Success Plan:
- Creating an Outreach Success Plan
- Configuring a Timeline
- Defining Success Criteria
- Adding Resources
- Identifying Teams
- This article discusses the second process; Configuring an Outreach Success Plan. For more information regarding additional processes required to complete a Success Plan, refer to the applicable content in the Additional Resources section of this article.
- This article illustrates the process of creating a timeline after completing the How To Create an Outreach Success Plan process. Users can apply the direction of this process in editing or modifying timelines as applicable.
How To Configure an Outreach Success Plan Timeline:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Access the applicable Outreach Success Plan.
- Click Timeline in the menu bar.
- Click the Add a New Phase icon (Plus button) as applicable.
- Click to name the Phase.
- Click +Add to add a new event.
- Complete the event details based on the information in the table below:
Option Description Event Name The name of the Event, such as if it is a meeting or a task. Description A detailed description of the event such as agenda and talking points. Resources Resources relevant to the success of the Plan, such as points of contact, meeting minutes, etc. Note: Added resources are available in the Resources tab of a Success Plan for quick access. Subtasks Subtasks that are influential to the success of an event for a Plan such as following up with Marketing regarding new branding or make reservations at Mindy's for four. Comments Comments relevant to the success of the plan such. When Identifies the date which the event or task is supposed to trigger. Event Type Identifies the type of event. Owner Identifies the Owner of the Event or Phase. Participants Identifies any participants required to make the completion of the event or phase successful. Visibility (eye icon) Provides Users the ability to govern how an event is shared. Delete (trash bin icon) Provides Users the ability to remove the event.
- Repeat Steps 4-7 for applicable phases and events required for the Success Plan.
The Timeline of the Success Plan is defined and Users can continue the process of configuring an Outreach Success Plan by completing the How To Define Success Criteria process as applicable.
Outreach University - Outreach Success Plans
Outreach Success Plans Overview