The purpose of this article is to provide instructions on enabling Kaia recording consent via Zoom.
Kaia offers an integration with Zoom that allows recording consent to be captured via Zoom instead of using the native Kaia functionality.
- Outreach Admins
- Log in to Outreach as an Admin.
- Navigate to Settings > Kaia.
- Connect Zoom as the Conference Provider
- Under Recording consent, select Enforce Zoom's consent setting.
- Add your company’s Zoom vanity URL. For details refer to Customizing branding for your vanity URL.
The following 3 Zoom Admin settings are recommended for the best experience when using Zoom for capturing recording consent with Kaia.
- Enable Cloud Recording - When using Zoom for consent, Kaia can only record if Zoom is also recording. By enabling cloud recording, Zoom (and Kaia) will automatically begin recording the meeting so your reps do not need to start recording manually. See Enabling cloud recording via Zoom.
- Enabled Recording consent capabilities - Configure Zoom's consent options according to your team’s consent needs.
- Enable automatic deletion of recordings - You can delete the Zoom cloud recordings as soon after the meeting is complete as you’d like. We recommend 7 days after the meeting. Kaia does not need the recordings after the meeting is complete. See How to schedule cloud recordings for auto-deletion.
Group Management with Zoom
Zoom allows for Group Management so that features can be enabled for certain groups of users and not for others. If Kaia is only being used by some, but not all, of your Zoom users, you may choose to only enable the above features for a limited group of your Zoom users (e.g. those users who also have Kaia licenses).
Note: When using Zoom for consent, Kaia will only be able to join meetings hosted by someone in your organization. This means Kaia can join Zoom meetings hosted by anyone in your organization, and therefore you will want to make sure that any of the users in your organization who may host Kaia in their meeting meets the consent needs of your organization.
For example, if your EMEA team needs to capture explicit recording consent for GDPR, and there is a chance that someone from your US-based team will host a meeting with their Zoom for one of the EMEA reps, then you should make sure that the US team has explicit consent capture settings enabled for your US team as well.
Zoom Storage considerations
Depending on your Zoom account, you may have a limited amount of cloud storage available. If you are concerned about using up your cloud storage and being charged by Zoom, there are a few Zoom settings you can configure to reduce your storage. (See Changing basic and advanced cloud recording settings)
Kaia behavior when Zoom consent is configured
- Zoom consent will be done natively through Zoom using the options specified by the Zoom admin
- Kaia will only record when Zoom is recording to the cloud. If recording in Zoom is stopped, paused, or resumed, Kaia will also stop, pause, and resume.
- The Kaia window will appear as a Zoom participant throughout the duration of the call, including prior to the recording starting and while a recording is paused, stopped, and resumed.
- The presence of Kaia as a call participant does not mean that it is actively recording. If Kaia is recording, the Kaia window will show a recording indicator. When Zoom recording is stopped/paused, the Kaia recording will also stop/pause and the Kaia participant window will not show the recording indicator.
- When Zoom consent is configured, if a calendar invite has a Zoom URL that does not match the company’s Zoom URL, Kaia will not give an option to join that meeting.
- If Zoom is not recording to the cloud, users will see a video participant tile showing Kaia is paused and will receive a chat message that Outreach is not recording. The user should press record in Zoom for Kaia to start recording. The Kaia Live window will show waiting for the host to start cloud recording with Zoom.
Special Zoom Considerations
- Kaia users must have a Zoom account with the ability to record to Zoom Cloud. Free Zoom accounts lack the cloud recording feature therefore Kaia will not record these meetings when Zoom consent is enabled.
- In order for Kaia to record automatically at the start of the call when Enforce Zoom Consent is used, Zoom should be configured to automatically record calls to the cloud. Zoom provides group settings to do this in bulk. Note that this setting is not retroactive, it only applies to newly scheduled meetings. Also note that there are two separate Zoom settings for auto-record to the cloud, one for meetings the user schedules from their calendar, the other for their personal meeting room.