The purpose of this article is to provide instructions on using Kaia recording consent via Zoom.
- Outreach Admins
No setup is required. All Kaia meetings in Zoom will enforce Zoom’s consent setting.
The following Zoom Admin settings are recommended for the best experience when using Zoom for capturing recording consent with Kaia.
- Set Zoom Local recording settings - Enable the following default settings for all users
- Ensure Local Recording is enabled.
Hosts can give meeting participants permission to record locally is checked
Learn more about Zoom local recordings settings here.
Group Management with Zoom
Zoom allows for Group Management so that features can be enabled for certain groups of users and not for others. If Kaia is only being used by some, but not all, of your Zoom users, you may choose to only enable the above features for a limited group of your Zoom users (e.g. those users who also have Kaia licenses).
Kaia behavior when Zoom consent is configured
- Zoom consent will be done natively through Zoom using the options specified by the Zoom admin.
- If consent is not given using the consent pop-up, a Zoom host can grant recording privileges to Kaia in the Participants list. Learn more here.
- Kaia will only record when Zoom is recording to the cloud. If recording in Zoom is stopped, paused, or resumed, Kaia will also stop, pause, and resume.
- The Kaia window will appear as a Zoom participant throughout the duration of the call, including prior to the recording starting and while a recording is paused, stopped, and resumed.
- The presence of Kaia as a call participant does not mean that it is actively recording. If Kaia is recording the Kaia Live window will show the live meeting transcription. If Kaia is not recording, the Kaia Live window will say it is waiting for the host to start cloud recording with Zoom. When Zoom consent is configured, if a calendar invite has a Zoom URL that does not match the company’s Zoom URL, Kaia will not give the option to join that meeting.