The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in preventing call recordings for both specific area codes and specific country codes.
This feature makes compliance with laws in some states requiring consent from both parties for calls to be recorded easier to manage when using Voice.
- Outreach Admins
- Consent laws are based on the physical location of the customer, not just the area or country code. While you can block call recording for numbers with specific area codes, it is still important to consider where the other calling party is located and exercise caution when recording calls.
- If the country code +1 is included in the Do Not Record list, ALL calls into the US and Canada will restrict recording.
- If a call is not recorded due to the country/area code showing on this list, third-party integrations reliant on the Recording URL will not be able to display that call.
- The option to restrict certain area codes is greyed out for any 3rd party voice integrations such as Zoom.
Adding Restricted Area and Country Codes to the Do Not Record List
Blocking area/country codes is an Outreach Admin setting. To add area/country codes to a restricted list:
- Click Administration in the left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Org info > Voice.
- Navigate to Restricted call areas.
- Input the area and/or country codes separated by commas.
- Click Save.
Once this setting is updated, call recording will automatically be blocked if an individual places a call to a number that has a restricted area or country code.