Some states require consent from both parties for calls to be recorded. To make this easier to manage when using Voice, we allow Outreach admins to prevent call recording when dialing numbers with specific area codes.
Note: Consent laws are based on the physical location of the customer, not just the area code. While you can block call recording for numbers with specific area codes, it is still important to exercise caution when recording calls.
Adding Restricted Area Codes to the Do Not Record List
Blocking area codes is an Outreach Admin setting. To add area codes to a restricted list:
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- Under "System Config", select "Calls"
- On the top of the page, select the "Restricted Area Codes tab"
- Enter the area codes that you want Outreach to prevent recording.
- Click save in the top right corner.
Once this setting is updated, call recording will automatically be blocked if an individual places a call to a number that has a restricted area code.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.