The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in adding values to create a picklist in Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Admins can create picklist values either manually, one by one, or in bulk.
- Admins can copy/paste multiple values into Outreach using a line break as the delimiter to save time and reduce data entry errors.
- The following fields are supported for picklists:
- Accounts - All custom fields, Industry, Locality, and Type.
- Opportunity - All custom fields, Contact Roles, and Type.
- Prospect - All custom fields, Region, and State.
- Prospect Roles - Roles
How To Create a Picklist Validation:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left-corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Validations under the System Config section in the Settings panel.
- Click Add.
Note: Click an existing picklist to edit or delete.
Note: By deleting values from the existing list, the vbalues will no longer appear in the picklist dropdown; however, the existing records containing the delete values will not be retroactively altered when the values are deleted. When a user next modifies the existing record, they will be prompted to select a new valid value at that time.
- Select the applicable type from the Type dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable field from the Field dropdown menu.
- Click Next. Note:Validation will remain inaccessible.
- Input the applicable value in the Enter picklist value field and click Add. Note: Click Add multiple values to input multiple picklist options at once.
- Click Create.
The picklist is created and appears as a dropdown menu on each individual prospect and account.