When taking an action on a prospect, you now have the option to assign the activity to an Outreach opportunity. You can assign activity to an Outreach opportunity when creating a task, adding prospects to a sequence, sending an email (one-off or bulk), or logging a call. If there are automated actions taking place in the background (i.e. triggers set up by admins that are automatically adding prospects to a sequence), then admins can select a fallback behavior.
Assign Activity to an Opportunity
- Take an action on a prospect, either adding them to a sequence, sending them an email from Outreach, or logging a call.
- On the activity, there will be a section labeled “Opportunity”. You’ll have two options
- Don’t Associate with Any Opps - This option will not log the activity against an existing Opportunity
- Most Recently Created - Log the activity to the most recently created opportunity that the prospect is associated with.
Note: Currently we cannot tie a prospect to an Opportunity while taking action if they are not already assigned to an Opportunity.
Create a Fallback for Actions Taken Automatically in Outreach
For actions without user involvement (i.e. triggers adding prospects to a sequence), admins can select a fallback behavior: associate with last created opportunity, do not associate with any opportunity
- Click on the initials on the bottom left hand corner of the Outreach platform.
- On the settings panel that appears, find the section labeled “System Config” and select “Prospects”
- On the prospects settings page, find the section labeled “Basic Info”. You’ll see a question that asks, “How do you want to associate actions to Opportunities”? You’ll have to options:
- Most Recently Created Open Opportunity - Associates that activity to the most recent open Opportunity. Outreach will look for the Salesforce creation date first and, if not present, will fallback to associate to the date the Opportunity was created in Outreach.
- Do Not Associate - The activity will not be associated with any activities.
Note: This will be the default option that appears for users when taking manual actions in Outreach (eg. adding prospect to a sequence) and the behavior that applies for automated actions (eg. triggers)