The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in enabling granular opt-out options in Outreach.
- Outreach Users
- Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org’s Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
- This article discusses the process of enabling opt-out preferences. For more information on mapping granular opt-out preferences, refer to the How To Map Opt-Out Fields for Salesforce article.
Outreach supports opting Prospects out from specific communication channels - email, call, text - which leaves the door open for reps to reach out with other methods. For example, if a Prospect opts out of emails, Outreach will now be able to “granularly opt out” the Prospect from receiving any further email, but will still allow your rep to continue communicating with the Prospect via phone or texting.
With this feature enabled, unsubscribe links will now only opt a Prospect out of email communications. If a rep connects with a Prospect on a call, and the Prospect requests to no longer be called, a rep can mark the Prospect opted out of future calls specifically. Additionally, when the opt Out by Communication Type" setting is first enabled, any existing Opted Out Prospects are updated to be opted out of all communication types.
Enable Granular Opt Out by Communication Preferences
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) on the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Org under the User Admin section in the Settings panel.
- On the General Settings tab, click to enable the Opt-Out settings option as applicable.
Using Opt Out by Communication Preferences
With this feature enabled, an Opt Outs section is added to your Rulesets. These new settings will determine how you would like Outreach to handle opted out Prospects in sequences. You can select to Continue and skip future … steps if you would like Outreach to skip the steps a Prospect is opted out of, or select if a Prospect is opted out of any type of communication have Outreach finish that Prospect from the sequence altogether.
Note: Different CRMs have different opt-out options configured out of box. Depending on the use case, you may need to leverage custom fields and configuration. For more information regarding opt-out options for a particular CRM, refer to the applicable CRM articles.
Opting a Prospect out in Outreach
Similar to how reps opt out Prospects today, to opt a Prospect out, navigate to a Prospect’s profile and under the edit dropdown select the Opt Out option. This will prompt the new Opt Out options to appear, allowing reps to now select which communication type the Prospect is opted out of.