The purpose of this article is to provide Outreach Users information about best practices for using Scenario Planner within Outreach Commit.
- Outreach Users
How to Use Scenario Planner
Scenario Planner gives you the ability to plan ahead and project into the future using multiple different types of forecasts.
- First, decide what type of forecast you would like to plan: Weighted Pipeline by Stage or Weighted Pipeline by Forecast.
- Select the timeframe in which you would like to forecast.
- Select what team or individual you would like to include.
- Add business-specific filters as needed. This list is configured based on the picklist fields added to the opportunity object synced in the admin Data Sync page.
- Click Start.
Commit will then run over 10,000 simulations based on your historical data over the last 12 months to show you your average win rates and how much variance your business may have. Variance is built into the simulation to show the most frequently occurring outcome or “Commit’s Baseline.”
For each simulation, randomness was added to the inputs on the left.
- To run additional scenarios, click “Add Scenario.”
- Adjust one or more of your variables and click run.
Running additional scenarios allows you to plan and adjust for that future timeframe.
Each scenario run will be distributed into the “Results” graph and broken down by the following values:
- Fair Value is showing the most frequently occurring outcome.
- Bear Case indicates that more than 75% of the time, the forecast was above this value.
- Bull Case indicates that this value was achieved only 25% of the time.
- Bear Case: More conservative forecast
- Fair Value: Median forecast
- Bull Case: More aggressive forecast
Scenario Planner will leverage all data available and give you the ability to adjust assumptions and volatility with what you as a leader know to be true. This solution will give you the ability to model different outcomes and run thousands of scenarios in seconds.