The Custom Caller ID feature allows you to import your phone number to be used in the Outreach platform. Setting up your phone allows you to customize the outbound caller ID to match a phone of your choosing.
Q: Does importing a number cost anything?
A: Importing a number is free! This means that you do not have to pay (~$1/month) to purchase and utilize an Outreach number. For more information on voice pricing, refer to the Outreach Voice Pricing article.
Q: If the prospect dials back the number, does it go to Outreach?
A: When a prospect calls you back, the call is routed directly to your device. This means your device's number displays who is calling you rather than the Outreach number, removing the need to check your incoming and missed calls by logging in to Outreach.
Q: Can I still use Local Dial?
A: Imported phone numbers can be used for local dial the same as numbers purchased in Outreach are used for local dial. When using local dial, Outreach automatically uses the imported phone number if it matches the prospect's area code.
Q: Is this available for only computer-based calls?
A: You can dial out using your phone or computer with an imported number.
Q: I called myself using the Custom Caller ID feature to test it out, and it went straight to Voicemail! Will this happen when I dial to prospects using a Custom Caller ID?
A: Some carriers (such as T-Mobile) automatically route to voicemail when the phone receives a call from its own number; therefore, for test purposes, it is best to dial out to a different number that is not being used as the Custom Caller ID.
Q: Will I be charged by both my carrier and Outreach to use my number?
A: Outreach is using your number to dial out, but your carrier is not involved. The Custom Caller ID feature is dialing out using an Outreach number, but the number that your prospect sees is the number you import into Outreach. As a result, you will only be charged for minutes used in Outreach. Your carrier is not actually involved in the call.
Setting up Custom Caller ID
- Access the Outreach platform.
- Click on the User's initials in the bottom left-hand corner of the sidebar.
- On the Settings landing page, click the Voice option in the menu bar.
- On the Voice Settings landing page, click Add Number.
- Click the Import Phone Number option.
- Input the phone number you want Outreach to use when calling prospects.
- Click Verify.
- The Verify Phone Number window re-populates with a 6-digit code and the platform dials the user-specified number.
- Answer the phone and input the 6-digit verification code. Note: For the verification process to complete successfully, you must answer the phone and input the 6-digit verification number shown
- Click Save. Your account has been updated successfully.