Enable Outreach data to be shared with Snowflake.
Outreach Data Sharing enables Outreach to share data with our customers without data transfer. The data stays encrypted and isn’t duplicated, and customers get instant access to all the data shared, regardless of size or complexity.
The benefits of Outreach Data Sharing include:
- Enrich sales workflows by unifying Outreach’s robust data sets with other enterprise data. Use Outreach data to fill data gaps for teams that want to measure performance across multiple data sources.
- Seamlessly connect data with low-code and minimal management. Outreach Data Sharing provides business intelligence, analytics, and data science teams with direct access to Outreach data without reliance on highly technical teams to create connections between the two systems.
- Securely access Outreach data in Snowflake. Using secure data sharing from Snowflake and Outreach, no data is copied or transferred between accounts, so customers can safely access large quantities of data.
Once shared, an end user can query the shared data as if it was any other table in their database.
Note: This feature is currently in beta. During Public Beta, we do not offer data sharing in the Outreach EU Data Center, but if you are using the Outreach EU Data Center, please reach out to your Outreach team with your interest.
- Outreach Admins
Prior to enabling this feature, your organization must have a Snowflake account. If you are interested in data sharing but do not have a Snowflake account, you may open a Snowflake account with a pay-as-you-go model. You pay only for compute or egress; Outreach pays for the ingress and storage of the data.
- Log in to Outreach as an Admin.
- Navigate to Settings > Data & Privacy.
- Navigate to Data Sharing.
- Click Create a data share.
- Enter your Snowflake account information.
- Click Continue.
When a data-sharing connection is active, your data will sync into Snowflake overnight (syncing should be complete by approximately 5 a.m. Pacific Standard Time).
After the sync process, the end user must have their Snowflake Account Admin on their Snowflake instance create a database from the inbound share and then grant access to the appropriate users.
Your data will continue to refresh once daily on the same schedule until the data share is deleted from the Org Settings page.