Qualifying customers are able to leverage the Outreach email retention management feature in order to designate a retention window, after which emails and associated metrics will be automatically deleted from the platform. This article covers critically important aspects of enabling and using this feature.
IMPORTANT: Please review this entire article before configuring this feature.
- Outreach Admins
- Data Retention
How to add Email Retention in your Outreach instance
Access to this feature is not available to every customer. To find out if Email Retention is right for your organization, please work with your Customer Success Manager (or your Account Executive if you do not have a CSM).
How Automatic Email Retention and Deletion works
- Admins can configure a custom duration for email data retention policy that specifies for how many days email data should be retained before automated deletion.
- There are pre-configured durations for the most common choices, but admins can configure a custom duration to meet their organization’s specific privacy needs.
- Emails are deleted within 24 hours once the duration is met.
- When the data retention policy is set for the first time, any pre-existing emails older than the entered duration will be deleted. Please note that it may take up to 30 days for all emails to be deleted due to the variable number of emails present, and that this action is irreversible.
Please Note These Important Details
How to Configure Email Retention
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Review the Important Details above.
If enabled for your org, you will be able to set up an email retention and deletion schedule as follows:
- In the bottom of the left-hand nav, click the cog icon to access your org Settings.
- Under the Organization header, click Org info.
- In the Organization screen, click to open the Email tab.
- Scroll down to the Data retention section.
- Check the box next to Automatically delete emails after a specific number of days.
- Use the drop down to select the duration.
- Click Save.