The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in adding and removing Prospect Stages in Outreach.
Stages are a label Admins create and apply to Prospects so Users can determine where a Prospect is in the sales cycle.
- Outreach Admins
- This article illustrates the processes of creating and removing Prospect Stages and is applicable for creating Prospect Stages for Salesforce Statuses.
- This article does not discuss assigning stages. For more information regarding Assigning Prospect Stages, refer to the Assigning Stages article.
- When creating stages to map to Lead and Contact statuses in Salesforce, the stage names must match 1:1 including spacing and capitalization.
- This process must be completed prior to mapping Lead and Contact statuses to stages in Outreach. For more information on mapping Lead and Contact statuses to Outreach stages, see the Mapping Lead and Contact Statuses to Outreach Stages article.
- Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined are unavailable, contact the Org's Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
A Note About Deleting and Modifying Stages:
In the event a Prospect Stage needs to be removed, Outreach recommends:
- Reviewing existing rulesets to confirm any stages being removed are no longer associated with any stage updates.
- Moving any Prospects to another stage. Deleting stages still tied to Prospects result in a "No Stage" message for the Prospect Stage.
How To Configure a Prospect Stages:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click on the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Prospect in the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click Stages in the menu bar.
- Click Add. Note: If you are adding stages to map to sub-statuses (status reasons) to your CRM, each stage added should represent a sub-status. Example: If Status = Qualified, and Sub-Statuses are Contacted and Customer, then you will add three stages: Qualified, Qualified - Contacted, Qualified - Customer. Note: Users wanting to modify or remove a stage, click the applicable stage to make changes, or click the dropdown arrow and select remove to delete the stage. Note: Any rulesets associated with a Stage must be updated to reflect the stage change.
- Input a name for the stage in the Name: field.
- Select an applicable color and click Save.
The new stage will appear in the list and is available for assignment.