What are Profiles?
Every user is assigned a "Profile" in Outreach, the two standard profiles in Outreach are the Admin and Default profiles. Profiles govern what features users are able to access. For example, if Admins do not want default users creating new sequences, they can disable the ability to create sequences for Default profiles.
How are Profiles Created and Assigned?
Profiles can be created by Admins going to [Settings] >> [Profiles] >> [+Add]. User's created within Outreach will default to the Default Profile, and can be changed by org Admins in 2 ways:
The first way is to go to [Settings] >> [Users] >> [Select User] >> [Edit] >> [Governance Profile]:
If you would like to assign multiple users to a profile, I would recommend this second option.
The second way is to go to [Settings] >> [Profiles] >> [Select Profile] >> [Users] >> [+Add User]:
Profile Permissions/Governance Settings:
Each profile can be configured to allow and deny certain permissions.
- Users and Profiles: Allows user to create profiles, edit profiles, grant and deny permissions within profiles.
- Triggers: Allow user to create and configure Triggers.
- Rulesets: Allow user to create and configure Rulesets.
- Phones: Allow user to delete and assign owners to phone numbers being used within Outreach (for Basic and Advanced Voice subscription users).
- Record Visibility
- This subsection determines what records users are able to view. For example, if you do want users with this profile to only view prospects they own, you would want to select "Owned Records" under Prospects. If you would like for users to view all profiles, regardless of ownership, you would select "All records".
- CSV Import: Allow user to create bulk prospects via a .csv file.
- Salesforce Report Import: Allow users to create bulk prospects via a Salesforce Report.
- Large Bulk Actions: Prevents any large action:
- Removing more than 50 prospects
- Opting out more than 50 prospects
- Marking more than 750 prospects as finished in a sequence
- Pausing more than 750 prospects in a sequence
- Assigning accounts to more than 750 prospects
- Assigning ownership to more than 750 prospects
- Setting a stage to more than 750 prospects
- Setting a persona to more than 750 prospects
- Bulk Modifying more than 750 prospects
- Delete Email Data: Allow users to delete emails recorded in Outreach.
- View Private Sequences: "sequences owned by user" means only the sequence owner can view the private sequence, "sequences owned by user of its subordinates" means the sequences owner can view the private sequence, and if the private sequence belongs to a subordinate of the user, the user can view that sequence as well. (Subordinate/Supervisor roles can be configured in [Settings] >> [Roles].
- Create: Allows users to create sequences.
- Enable Sequences: Allows user to turn on sequences.
- Sharing Sequences: Allows users to share sequences (vs keeping them private).
- Use Custom Rulesets: Allows users to create a custom ruleset for the specific sequence.
- Exceed 5 active template(s) per step: Allows users to add more than 5 templates per step (view a/b testing).
- View Private Snippets: Similar to sequences, can determine if a user can view a private snippet.
- Create: Allows user to create snippets.
- Share: Allows user to share snippets.
- View Private Templates: Similar to Sequences/Snippets, can determine if a user can view a private template.
- Create: Allows user to create a template.
- Share: Allows user to share Templates.
- View private layouts: Similar to sequences/snippets/templates, can determine if a user can view a private layout.
- Create: Can create a layout.
- Share: Can share layouts.
- Can use voice: allows user to access voice features.
- Local Presence: allows user to use a local presence phone number.
- Live Listen: allows user to live listen to a call.
- Recordings: allows user to record callings.
- Unrelated Emails Using Outreach
- View Subject/View Body: Allows user to view email content of emails unrelated and although delivered using Outreach. Often times these emails are synced over via the email Sync between Outreach and your Email server, and can be seen in your Outreach Outbox even though they were not sent to prospects.
- Unrelated Emails Using Not Outreach
- View Subject/View Body: Allows user to view email content of emails unrelated and not using Outreach. Often times these emails are synced over via the email Sync between Outreach and your Email server.
- Mail Tracking
- Use open/click link tracking: Allows user to turn on tracking ability.
- Send from: "owned records" allows users to send only from their mailbox, "All Records" allows users to send from any mailbox available within your org instance.
- Prospect Engagement
- Email based on prospect ownership: "all records" allows user to contact prospects they do not own, "owned records" allows user to contact only prospects they own.
- Email based on account ownership: similar to prospect ownership, only this is if the user owns the account, not prospect.