The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach Users regarding Outreach Voice Local Presence.
Local Presence allows Outreach Users the ability to use a previously purchased phone number or purchase a new phone number with the same area code as the Prospect they are calling, increasing the likelihood the Prospect answers the call.
- Outreach Users
- Local Presence does not utilize toll-free, 1-800, or other "non-region-based" numbers. Calls instead complete to another user- or org-owned number.
How Local Presence Works:
Once enabled, the Local Presence feature in Outreach Voice identifies the area code of the Prospect’s phone number. It will then use a purchased phone number with the same area code if one is available; otherwise, if the User’s Profile Governance allows it, Outreach can purchase a brand new phone number with the same area code. The new phone number will then be available for any Users who make outbound calls using the Local Presence feature and who are calling the same area code.
For Example: If a User calls a Seattle-based Prospect, Outreach can select an existing 206 phone number or purchase one if none are available in the Org’s number bank.
Because there are a limited number of area codes available in a region, Outreach can automatically use a nearby area code or purchase a new phone number from a nearby area code, if a phone number with that local area code is unavailable.
Depending on the region, this may assign a phone number from other states if those states are closer geographically, such as placing calls to a Prospect in New York City and receiving a phone number from New Jersey.
For Example: If 212 is not available for New York City, Outreach may assign a 914 phone number from nearby White Plains New York.
The Outreach Dialer is designed to match inbound phone numbers and the local dialer number.
Outreach will route inbound calls with local presence in the following order:
- If the incoming phone number matches a single Prospect, route the call to the last active user that called this number using the local Presence number the Prospect called.
- If the incoming phone number matches a single Prospect, route to the owner of the Prospect.
- If the phone number matches a single Prospect, route the last active user that called this number using ANY local presence phone number.
- If the phone number matches a call (to/outgoing or from/incoming), route to the user that was on that call.
- If the local number has never been used by Outreach (ex: the local number was recently purchased but never used), Outreach routes the call to the most recent active Outreach user.
Finally, note the Local Presence feature cannot purchase any new phone numbers that have unmet address requirements. Most countries outside of the United States require forms of documentation to purchase phone numbers, and this must be submitted before a phone number can be purchased for that country using Local Presence.
How To Enable Local Presence for Outreach Voice:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's Initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click on Personal Settings.
- Click on Phone Numbers under Voice.
- Select 'A number with the prospect’s area code'.
- Click Save. Outreach uses the Prospect's local or nearest available area code when calling.