Automatically sequencing inbound leads can be a powerful tool for sellers and marketers looking to decrease their time to engage with inbound leads and standardize their approach to various customer segments that come inbound from marketing efforts.
To create a trigger that will automatically hand off sequenced leads to your marketing automation solution:
- Use Rulesets to automatically set a prospect's stage/status to indicate 'unresponsive' if it has finished a sequence without replying
- Create a field mapping from Outreach to Salesforce for the marketing handoff
- Navigate to the Settings > Triggers in the Outreach menu
- Click the + Add button in the top right to create a new trigger
- Best practice: Click the "edit trigger" link on the bottom right of the quick create window to see all trigger settings
This prompts the trigger to take action if a prospect is updated in Outreach.
The event for this trigger should be "Prospect Updated" so the triggers attempts to take action once a the prospect is updated in Outreach.
These are the field conditions that need to be met before the trigger takes action on a prospect.
See the conditions grouped together below that denote the Stage field must equal "Unresponsive" - the Opted Out field must equal "False" and the Score must be greater than "10".
This is the action the trigger finally takes once the event and conditions are met. In this case, you will automatically be setting a field value of "True" for the Marketing Handoff field (currently mapped to the Custom 7 field in Outreach), which will push back to Salesforce to trigger the marketing handoff.