The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach admins in mapping Outreach Assigned fields on Prospects, Accounts, and Opportunities to the corresponding custom lookup fields in Salesforce.
- Outreach Admins
If you are currently using a CRM, it is required that you set up your CRM mappings as described. At the moment, only the Salesforce plugin is supported with Multi-User Assignment. Further instructions are provided below for non-Salesforce customers.
All CRM Customers
All CRM customers who are syncing, or plan to sync, the Outreach Owner field are required to set up an additional mapping to map the Outreach Assigned field to the same owner field in CRM. This is required for all record types. Let’s look at an example.
Pre Multi-User Assignment mappings for the Owner Field:
Post Multi-User Assignment mappings for the Owner Field:
The above mapping is required. Additionally, more assigned fields can also be mapped:
You must do this for Prospect, Account and Opportunities even if you are not planning to use Multi-User Assignment right away for all record types but are syncing owners today or plan to sync in the future.
This mapping is required to ensure backward compatibility with the governance profiles you are already using in your organization for access control. You can learn more about why this is required and some additional considerations in the Multi-User Assignment Migration Overview for existing Outreach customers.
Salesforce customers can follow the instructions in this document to set up the plugin.
Non-Salesforce CRM customers
Customers using other types of CRMs (like Microsoft Dynamics, Hubspot, custom CRMs etc.) are highly encouraged to use Multi-User Assignment APIs to create the required mappings. Dynamics support can be added through a future roadmap item based on user feedback.
If you are unable, or unwilling, to use the APIs but still want to manage owners in your CRM, you should consider not opting-in to the feature till you have a plan of action on how you want to manage your owners and assignees in tandem.
If you already have the feature enabled, you can turn it off. This requires some considerations and is not generally available to customers. Please submit a technical support request.
- Log in to Outreach as an Admin.
- Click Settings > CRM.
- Select the object type mapping (Lead, Contact, Account, Opportunity).
- Scroll down to Set field mapping.
- Select Add Mapping. The new field is added to the bottom of the Mapped Fields list.
- Select the appropriate field on the Salesforce Object that contains the assignee lookup from the Salesforce Field dropdown menu.
- Select Assigned from the Outreach field dropdown menu.
- Select Update Outreach.
- Navigate to Advanced settings from more options on the newly added field mapping.
- Toggle the Mapped Field on.
- Select the User from the External Mapped Type.
- Click Done.
- Repeat steps 5-11 to create additional field mappings for the Assigned field.
Note: Mapping of Assigned field is not available if you are using the following CRM Plugin features: User Auth, include associated contacts, display name instead of ID, and deduping by lookup config.