The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring a branded URL. A branded URL provides Users the ability to personalize public calendar links, unsubscribe links, as well as open- and click-tracking links.
Note: In order to configure a branded URL, a domain name must be purchased by the Organization.
- Outreach Admins
- Completing this process requires access to the organization's DNS provider.
- Do not use Outreach or special characters as part of the domain name.
- Adding a CNAME record varies depending on the DNS provider and can take up to 20 minutes to generate. For more information regarding adding a CNAME record to a DNS provider, refer to the Additional Resources section in this article.
- It can take up to 24 hours for a DNS change to propagate.
- If the Branded URL is Queued, it suggests that it is waiting for certificate creation. If the Branded URL is in a Queued status for more than 24 hours, please contact support.
- One Branded URL can be active at times.
- Newly added domains default to a pending status.
Branded URLs allow users to personalize Success Plan links, public calendar links, unsubscribe links, and open- and click-tracking links, and can improve an organization's spam score by putting these services under a domain that matches the organization's brand.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click Administration in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Branded URLs under the ORG info section of the Settings panel.
- Click Add URL.
- Copy the CNAME value (blue field) and complete the required steps for the applicable DNS service provider.
Note: Records may take up to 20 minutes to generate.
Subdomain Record Type Value TTL Subdomain chosen in step 1 [eg. hello.mycompany.com] CNAME [value obtained from Outreach] Default/Automatic
- Input the domain name in the Domain: field and click Save.
Note: Input domain name and not the complete URL.
Example: Domain: hello.mycompany.com; not http://hello.mycompany.com.
- The new domain has been added to the Branded URL list. All Success Plans, unsubscribe, email-open, public calendars, and click-tracking links delivered from Outreach will contain the Branded URL.
Switching Branded URLs
- To activate a URL, click on the... menu next to the BrandedURL, then select Activate.
- To disable a URL, click on the... menu next to the BrandedURL, then select Disable. Note that the currently active URL cannot be disabled if we activate another URL.
- BrandedURLs cannot be deleted from the Outreach Admin side, if you need to delete a BrandedURL you need to contact Outreach's Support.
Note: If you do not see the ... menu to next to the BrandedURL, scroll horizontally to the right until it is visible.
DNS providers may require the following information to complete the DNS change:
- Record Type
Instructions for adding a CNAME record for various DNS Providers: