The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Admins in configuring a branded URL.
Once a domain name has been identified and purchased by the Organization, Outreach Admins can configure Branded URLs, providing Users the ability to personalize public calendar links, unsubscribe links, as well as open- and click-tracking links. Additionally, Branded URLs can improve an Organization's spam score by putting these services under a domain that matches the Organization's brand.
- Outreach Admins
- Completing this process requires access to the organization's DNS provider.
- Do not use Outreach as part of the domain name.
- The process for adding a CNAME record varies depending on DNS provider and can take up to 20 minutes to generate. For more information regarding adding a CNAME record to a DNS provider, refer to the Additional Resources section in this article.
- It can take up to 24 hours for a DNS change to propagate.
- If the Branded URL is Queued, it suggests that it is waiting for certificate creation.
- If the Branded URL is in a Queued status for more than 24 hours, please contact support.
- Only one Branded URL can be active at any one time.
Branded URLs allow users to personalize Success Plan links, public calendar links, unsubscribe links, open- and click-tracking links, and can improve an organization's spam score by putting these services under a domain that matches the organization's brand.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Branded URLs under the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click Add.
Note: Newly added domains default to a pending status.
- Copy the CNAME value (blue field) and complete the required steps for the applicable DNS service provider.
Note: Records may take up to 20 minutes to generate.
Subdomain Record Type Value TTL Subdomain chosen in step 1 [eg. hello.mycompany.com] CNAME [value obtained from Outreach] Default/Automatic
- Input the domain name in the Domain: field and click Save.
Note: Input domain name and not the complete URL.
Example: Domain: hello.mycompany.com; not http://hello.mycompany.com.
- The new domain has been added to the Branded URL list. All Success Plans, unsubscribe, email-open, public calendars, and click-tracking links delivered from Outreach will contain the Branded URL.
DNS providers may require the following information to complete the DNS change:
- Record Type
Instructions for adding a CNAME record for various DNS Providers:
Outreach University - Branded URL Setup