Learn how to customize the unsubscribe signature link in Outreach.
While including unsubscribe links is both a best practice and a requirement of major email providers for bulk sender organizations, individuals may feel like generically applied unsubscribe links look "robotic," or that their prospects will view the use of an unsubscribe link as marketing spam. To avoid appearing this way, you can customize your unsubscribe link in your advanced mailbox settings.
- Outreach Users
Before you begin: The unsubscribe link (and, optionally, post-unsubscribe URL) must be enabled by an Outreach Admin prior to customizing the link.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- In the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar, click the user initials >Personal settings.
- In the Mailboxes tile, click See all mailboxes.
- On the Mailboxes landing page, click the name of the mailbox you want to configure the unsubscribe link message for. The configuration page for that mailbox will open.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Show advanced settings button.
- Navigate to the Unsubscribe settings to manage both:
- The Unsubscribe signature link - Displayed below your signature if your sequence requires an unsubscribe link.
- The Unsubscribe page confirmation message - Displayed to the prospect before confirming their unsubscribe on the Unsubscribe Confirmation page, after they click the unsubscribe link in your email.
- When your changes are complete, click Save.
- Repeat as needed for each mailbox.
Best Practice for Customizing Your Unsubscribe Signature Link
Do not make any edits to the default <a href></a> HTML code in the text box.
Customize the wording outside of the code <a href="%unsubscribe_url%"> and</a>.
Add the text to be hyperlinked in between <a href="%unsubscribe_url%"> and </a>.
Optionally use HTML outside of the default a href code to make other rich enhancements to your text (size, bold, italics, etc.).
Configured in the text box:
While I am a sales person, I'm not a pest. Don't want to hear from me again? Just <a href="%unsubscribe_url%">click here</a>.
How it will appear in email:
While I am a sales person, I'm not a pest. Don't want to hear from me again? Just click here.