The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users regarding using the inbox bump feature in Outlook.
Inbox bump gives you a better way to remember when you need to follow up with a prospect. Bump allows you to move an email back to the top of your inbox after a certain time or date, and based off of certain conditions.
- Outreach Users
Using Inbox Bump in the Outlook Add-In
- When composing a new email or replying to an email in Outlook, open the Outreach Add-In. The Outreach Add-In can be opened by clicking on the Outreach logo, either in the ribbon on the top of the page or under the compose window (depending on your Outlook and computer set up). If prompted, sign into your Outreach account by clicking on the "Sign In" button.
- Compose your new email or write a reply to your prospect. Find "Bump" in the Outreach Add-In menu.
- From the two dropdown menus, select the day/time you'd like the email to bump to the top of your inbox and whether you'd like a reminder even if you receive a reply from your prospect.
- A confirmation will appear on the bottom of the Add-In. You can remove the bump selection by clicking on the red "Remove Bump" button, or edit your selections by clicking "edit" in the green confirmation box.
- Send your email by clicking the "Send with Outreach" button. Depending on the type of Outlook your company uses and whether your using a PC or a mac, this can be in the Add-In side bar, the ribbon on top of Outlook, or selected by clicking on the Outreach logo under the compose window.
- Based on your selections, Outreach will send an bump reminder to your inbox with the original email thread attached so you can follow-up with your prospects.