The purpose of this article is to provide installation information to Outreach Users about the new Outlook Add-in. The Outlook Add-in provides a seamless Outreach experience to Outreach Users who use Outlook inbox.
- Outreach Admins
- Outreach Users
- The Outlook add-in is not available through Microsoft store, as it includes the native send feature, which is not allowed in the AppSource Microsoft store.
- For users who are using Outlook add-in on a daily basis, we recommend installing the new add-in.
- For users who are not frequent users of the Outlook add-in, we recommend installing the legacy add-in.
- Admins should roll out the Outlook add-in gradually to the organization; it is recommended they test with a few users first.
- It is not recommended to roll out the Outlook add-in to users without an Outreach seat, or users who are not expected to use the Outlook add-in.
- Read more about the differences between the legacy and new add-in.
Supported Versions & Minimum Requirements
Minimum requirements to run the new Outlook add-in are listed below.
The Outlook client must support the following APIs:
- Outlook API requirement set 1.8
- Dialog API requirement set 1.2
- OnSend command support
The following combinations of OS and Outlook client and their minimum versions are fully supported by the new Outlook add-in.
|Platform||Product||Minimal version||Minimal OS version|
|Windows||Microsoft 365*||2005 (build 12827.20160)||Windows 10 ver. >= 1903Windows 11|
|Windows||Outlook 2021||2108 (build 14326.20454)||Windows 10, 11|
|Web browser||Modern Outlook Web UI connected to 365 subscription, outlook.com||-||-|
* Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based product formerly known as Office 365.
The following clients are NOT supported:
- Outlook 2019
- Outlook 2016
- Outlook 2013
- On Premise Exchange servers
Note: We recommend NOT using this add-in with the New Outlook UI. Customers have experienced high occurrences of errors when sending messages. We recommend staying on the legacy version of Outlook UI until we resolve these issues in partnership with Microsoft.
To determine what version of Outlook you are using, see Microsoft's guide on how to check your Outlook version.
Who can install the Outlook Add-in?
- Admins on behalf of users through the Microsoft Admin Center. Refer to the Admin Installation Instructions section.
- Users. Users need to have rights to install the add-in to their Outlook. Refer to the User Installation Instructions section.
Currently using the Legacy Outlook Add-in? You must first uninstall the existing one before installing the new Add-in.
Admin Installation Instructions
Install via the Microsoft Admin Center (RECOMMENDED)
Installing the add-in via the Microsoft Admin Center allows Outlook admins to push the add-in out to groups of users without any user setup needed. This is the preferred setup method because it is much easier for end-users.
- Visit Microsoft's Deploy add-ins in the admin center page.
- In step 4 of the article, you will choose Upload custom apps.
- Choose the option to Provide link to manifest file.
- Add the following installation URL: https://addin.outreach.io
- Deploy to your users.
User Installation Instructions
Install Add-in for Outlook Online
- Navigate to https://outlook.office.com.
- Compose a new message.
- Within the compose toolbar, click the three dots then choose Get Add-ins. (You may also be able to use the Get Add-ins option in the top ribbon in your Outlook client)
- Navigate to My Add-ins on the left side.
- Scroll down and click +Add a custom add-in > Add from URL....
- In the provided field, paste the installation URL: https://addin.outreach.io
Once successfully installed, you should see Outreach in your email compose experience.
Install Add-in for Outlook for Desktop
For Mac on New Outlook
- At the top of the screen, click the three dots > Get Add-Ins.
- Follow steps 4-6 from the user instructions for Outlook Online above.
Additional instructions can be found on the Microsoft website
How to uninstall the Outlook Add-in
To uninstall the new Outlook Add-in, refer to the uninstallation process.