The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach Users regarding how international context and languages are represented in the Outreach platform.
- Outreach Users
International Support for Outreach:
The question of "Do we work in X country?" or "Do we work in X language?" has multiple implications, all of which are a subset of general localization concerns. Details can be found below.
Time Zone - All Outreach features work the same regardless of the time zone the user is physically located in. An org default time zone can also be selected.
Characters and encoding - The text editor generally supports any alphabet-based language (Latin/Roman, Cyrillic characters, such as English, Spanish, Russian, etc.), as well as logographic languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
- Note: While text from right-to-left writing systems (e.g., Arabic and Hebrew) may be entered into the editor, the output may not always display in the correct direction.
Interface language - The Outreach platform interface is in English only. If and when additional language display support is added, our documentation will be updated to reflect these new capabilities.
OOO detection - Outreach detects OOO (Out Of Office) messages based on phrases appearing in either the subject or body of the message. Outreach's algorithm looks for phrases in English, a few phrases in German (abwesenheitsnotiz / automatische antwort), and one phrase in French (absence du bureau).
Access - Outreach is accessible within China's national firewall. Domain accessibility can be confirmed using Comparitech.
Currency - Outreach supports the rendering of all currencies. Additional details can be found below.
- The default currency is the US dollar but can be updated by an admin within Outreach Org settings.
- Individual deals can have their own currency.
- Admins can import the currency of an Opportunity directly from Salesforce. We currently do not support importing the currency of an Opportunity from Microsoft Dynamics.
- We currently do not support currency conversion.
- When Opportunities within an org have more than one currency type, the total amount on the Opportunities homepage will equal N/A.
Other cultural, regional, or language considerations - Outreach does not make changes based on detected language or region. Any specific requests as it pertains to a language, culture, or region can be requested by submitting a request to our support team using the Support portal.