The purpose of this article is to provide information to Outreach on how to Re-transcribe a Kaia recording into the correct language. Re-transcription provides a way for Outreach users to fix a meeting transcript that was transcribed in the wrong language into the correct language.
- Outreach User
- This does not translate from one language into another, rather it provides a way to correct the transcript if the language was set incorrectly during the call.
What is the feature?
With Kaia supporting transcription in a variety of languages, it’s possible that during the live meeting the language selected for Kaia isn’t actually the language being spoken during the call.
If this happens, the transcript will be wrong. Kaia Re-transcription makes it possible to fix the transcript by re-processing in the correct language that was spoken during the call.
Manually added content (e.g. notes, quotes, bookmarks) may get shifted along the timeline based on their timestamp, but their contents will not be affected. Automatically generated items (action items and content cards) are re-generated in any language that supports it (English only for now). The call recording is unavailable during the re-transcription process.
How to add, install, access
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click Kaia and find the call recording that you would like to re-transcribe
- On the transcript sidebar, click the globe icon
- Select the language you would like to transcribe the call into. Note that the recording will be unavailable while it is being re-transcribed.
- After submitting you will see a message that Transcribing is in progress. Once completed the call recording will be available again at the original URL.