Users of Outreach may encounter an email sending error that displays the message "Record Not Found."
Outreach users who are actively using sequences to engage with prospects.
Check Sequence Status:
- Verify the status of the sequence associated with the email in question. Ensure that the prospect is still part of the sequence and has not completed it.
Review Sequence Steps:
- Confirm that the prospect is present in the specific step of the sequence from which you are attempting to send the email. If the prospect has been removed from that step, Outreach will be unable to locate the record.
- Ensure that the prospect's status within the sequence aligns with your expectations. If the prospect has completed the sequence or if they were manually removed from it, you will need to adjust your email sending workflow accordingly.
Edit Sequence if Necessary:
- If the prospect's status does not match your intended workflow, consider editing the sequence to include or exclude prospects as needed. Make sure that the prospect is appropriately placed within the sequence steps.
- Once you have verified that the prospect is still within the sequence and the specific sequence step, proceed to send the email. The "Record Not Found" error should not appear if the record is correctly aligned with your sequence.
The "Record Not Found" error occurs in Outreach when there is a discrepancy between the status of the prospect record and the sequence from which the email is being sent. This can happen if the prospect has completed the sequence or has been manually removed from it, causing Outreach to be unable to locate the record.
Ensuring that your email sending workflow aligns with the prospect's status within the sequence is crucial for preventing the "Record Not Found" error. Regularly review your sequences and prospect statuses to maintain a streamlined and error-free outreach process. By following these steps, you can send emails effectively without encountering this issue, providing a smoother experience for both you and your prospects.