Emailing in Outreach is easy. So easy that we have built in safeguards to help protect you from accidentally emailing too much instead of following best practices.
Outreach Account Limits
Outreach limits overall sending 5000 mailings per week per user. There are a number of reasons for this limit, including ensuring your org's domain stays healthy and isn't blacklisted for spamming.
User email limits
Limits for Gmail can vary based on the type of account and how the Gmail account has been in use, so it is important to understand your limit if you choose to email in large volume. Exchange or Office 365 limits are typically set internally.
Listed below are the different types of limits and where you can find them in the Outreach platform.
Global Sending Limits
Outreach admins can limit the number of emails that can be sent from any user throughout the org.
To edit the sending limits for your entire account (org):
- Go to Settings > Org
*The per-domain limit is for bulk mailings only, not one-off emails or emails in a sequence.
Global limits are applied to a rolling 24 hour period. The types of global limits include:
- Maximum bulk emails a user can send per day from within Outreach
- Maximum bulk emails a user can send per week from inside and outside of Outreach
- Maximum emails a prospect can be sent per day
- Maximum emails a prospect can be sent per week
- Maximum emails a domain can be sent per day
While these setting can be set to any number by Outreach admins, Outreach will still pause email deliveries once an individual user hits 5000 total email deliveries in one week.
Users can limit the number of emails that can be sent from any one mailbox.
To edit the sending limits from your mailbox:
- Go to Settings > Account > Mailboxes
- Click on your mailbox to view the settings
- Click "show advanced send settings" under the SENDING toggle
Mailbox limits are applied to a rolling 24 hour period. The types of mailbox limits include:
- Maximum emails this mailbox can send per day/week from within Outreach
- Maximum emails a mailbox can send per day from inside and outside of Outreach
Unlike global or mailbox limits, throttle limits will only affect the specific sequence they are applied in. You can learn more in the throttle support article.