Learn how to enable and disable email unsubscribe links in your Outreach sequences and one-off emails.
While not a general requirement by default, a growing number of major email providers are requiring bulk email senders in particular to feature unsubscribe links in their emails in order to avoid protective restrictions impacting sends from those domains. For this reason, Outreach strongly recommends enabling these options.
Unsubscribe links are also incredibly useful as a feedback loop from Prospects as to communication preference and overall interest, and are much more helpful than alternative actions like delete/archive or mark as spam.
- Outreach Users
- Outreach Admins
- While all users can toggle unsubscribe links within sequence email rulesets, only admins can manage the unsubscribe options for non-sequence "one-off" emails.
- Once enabled by admins, users may optionally customize the appearance of the unsubscribe link in their own emails.
- Test emails will not include the unsubscribe link.
Add an Unsubscribe link in Sequence emails
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Sequences (paper plane) icon in the navigation sidebar.
- On the Sequences landing page, click the applicable sequence.
- On the sequence configuration page, click the Settings tab along the top.
- Just below the Sequence ruleset field, click View ruleset.
The Edit Ruleset landing page will open in a new browser tab.
- On the Edit Ruleset landing page, check (or uncheck) the box for the Add unsubscribe link to emails option.
- Click Save. Changes have been saved successfully.
Add an Unsubscribe link in all one-off emails across your Org (ADMINS ONLY)
- Access the Outreach Platform as an admin.
- Click the Administration (cog) icon to open the Administration landing page.
- In the secondary left nav, click Organization > Org info.
- Click to open the Email tab.
- Scroll down to the Unsubscribe section and configure the available settings.
While not required, we strongly recommend that admins:
- create and configure a domain-specific Post-unsubscribe URL. (By default, Outreach's unsubscribe link lands on a generic page that simply has the prospect confirm they'd like to opt out and provides confirmation when the action is complete.)
- check the boxes for all 3 unsubscribe options to ensure compliance with the strictest email provider rules applied to bulk email senders and more effectively avoid spam designation.
- Click Save.