The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in creating and editing a sequence schedule.
Sequence Schedules are a series of time blocks set up on various days of the week, including weekends, that reflect the time frames when emails should be delivered from a sequence, and when tasks can be created. Sequence schedules ensure that mailings are not sent at times of the day when recipients are not near their inboxes.
For more information on how a sequence schedule works, refer to the Sequence Schedule Overview article.
- Outreach Users
- The User's governance profile may impact which sequences users are permitted to edit including which schedules are used. Contact your Outreach Admin for more information.
- This article discusses the process of creating or updating sequence schedules. For more information regarding schedules for a sequence step, refer to the How To Create a Sequence article.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the User's initials (avatar) in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Schedules in the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click Add.
Note: If updating an existing schedule, click the applicable schedule to update. If you cannot access a schedule, contact the Outreach Admin for more information.
- Input the name of the schedule in the Schedule Name: field.
- Click to select or deselect the Scheduling options as outlined in the table below:
Scheduling Option Description Use prospect's timezone as default Scheduled emails and tasks process based on the timezone listed for each individual Prospect. Use sender's timezone if prospect timezone is unavailable Scheduled emails and tasks process based on the sequencer's default timezone as established by the user's calendar settings instead of the schedule's default timezone.
- Select the applicable default timezone from the default timezone dropdown menu.
Note: For more information regarding time zones, refer to the applicable time zones articles.
- Select if you would like a country’s holiday calendar to be respected by the schedule.
Note: Only one country can be selected per schedule. Scheduled tasks resume based on the next available schedule block after the holiday.
- Select the letter that represents the day of the week and select the applicable timeframe of availability.
Note: For a schedule to be 24 hours, you must select an entire 24-hour period.
Repeat Step 9 for all applicable days.