The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach users in creating and editing sequences in the Outreach.
Sequences are a series of touchpoints built to drive deeper engagement with a Prospect. Sequences are a guide to ensure the right sales activities are conducted and communications sent to build the sales pipeline and close deals.
- Outreach Users
- Some Outreach views and options require admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org's Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
- Sequences can be constructed of several individual steps to match a sales process. Outreach recommends a minimum of five steps to creating a successful sequence.
- Outreach strongly warns against editing sequences once Prospects have begun moving through them as it can lead to inconsistent behavior and is outside of our best practices. If you need to make changes to your sequence, Outreach advises cloning the sequence and locking the old sequence.
How To Create a Sequence:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Actions button in the top left corner.
- Select Sequence from the Quick Actions menu.
Note: Alternatively, Users can add a sequence by clicking the Sequence icon (paper plane) in the navigation sidebar and clicking the +Sequence button in the top right corner.
- Click the applicable option as outlined in the table below:
Sequence Option Description New Creates a new sequence from scratch.
- Click New.
- Proceed to Step 5.
Blueprint Creates a new sequence using common cadences and interactions as a starting point.
- Click Blueprint.
- Search and click the applicable sequence to build from.
- Add and Update the sequence steps as applicable. For more information refer to the How To Edit Sequence Steps article.
- Proceed to Step 8.
Clone Cloning a sequence creates a copy of an existing sequence, enabling users the ability to make minor edits that won't have an impact on the original sequence.
- Click Clone.
- Search and click the applicable sequence to clone.
- Click Settings in the menu bar.
- Proceed to Step 5.
- Input the name in the Sequence Name field.
Note: An optional Sequence Description can be added to provide context or notes related to the sequence. The Sequence Description can be edited under sequence settings. An optional Sequence Description to provide context or notes related to the sequence.
- Select the applicable sequence type from the Sequence Type dropdown as described in the table below:
Sequence Type Description Steps by day interval
Best used for recurring campaigns (drip campaigns).
Steps are separated by time intervals which can range from immediate to months in the future.
Note: Sequence steps process based on how the sequence is configured. Users can use the Prospect’s timezone if set. If the Prospect’s timezone is not available, users can default to the schedule or user schedule.
If an email cannot send dues to sending or scheduling limitations, or throttles, the email will automatically be moved forward to the next available sending time slot.
Steps by exact date/time Best used when a one-time event is being scheduled as a webinar, conference, or trade show. Once the date and time have been passed, any Prospect added to the sequence will automatically be marked as Failed.
- Select the applicable sharing option from the Sharing dropdown as described in the table below:
Sharing Option Description Private to Owner Only the owner can view and use the sequence. Others can only see it Users can see the sequence, but only the owner can use and configure the sequence. Others can see it and use it The sequence can be used by all users.
- Click Create.
- On the Sequence Settings landing page, click Add Step.
Note: If updating or editing an existing, clone, or blueprint sequence, click the applicable step to edit.
- Select the applicable type of sequence from the Step Type dropdown menu and configure the sequence as outlined in the table below:
Step Type Description Auto Email Emails automatically send out to Prospects based on the defined time interval. Manual Email Used for sending customized emails.
A manual task will appear in the Tasks tab notifying the user to send an email to the applicable Prospect.
The Task is marked Send & Complete when the email is sent and the Prospect will move to the next step in the sequence as applicable.
Phone Call A Call Task will appear in the Tasks tab notifying the user to contact the applicable Prospect.
When the call is logged, Outreach will mark the Task as completed and the Prospect will move to the next step in the sequence as applicable.
Generic Task Used to create helpful reminders to complete an action outside of Outreach such as connecting with a Prospect on LinkedIn.
The Task must be manually marked as complete before the Prospect can move on to the next step in the sequence if applicable.
Task for LinkedIn-specific activities such as sending a connection request to a Prospect, reviewing a Prospect’s profile, or sending the Prospect a message via InMail.
The Task must be manually marked as complete before the Prospect can move on to the next step in the sequence.Note: For more information regarding the configuration of different steps, refer to the applicable articles.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 9-11 to add more steps as applicable.
- Click to enable the sequence in the upper left corner.
The sequence is ready to use.
Locked vs. Deleted Sequences
Locking sequences is not the same as deleting a sequence. Deleting a sequence is permanent. Locking a sequence removes the sequence from use. Prospects cannot be added to a locked sequence.
If the sequence is enabled when it is locked, Prospects continue through the sequence steps.
If the sequence is disabled (paused) Prospects do not move through the sequence steps.