The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in creating and editing a sequence schedule.
Sequence Schedules are a series of time blocks set up on various days of the week (including weekends) that reflect the time frames when emails should be delivered from a sequence and tasks can be created.
Sequence schedules ensure that mailings are not sent at times of the day when recipients are not near their inbox.
For more information on how a sequence schedule works, refer to the Sequence Schedule Overview article.
- Outreach Users
- The User's governance profile may impact which sequences users are permitted to edit including which schedules are used. Contact the Outreach Admin for more information.
- This article discusses the process of creating or updating sequence schedules. For more information regarding schedules for a sequence step, refer to the How To Create a Sequence article.
How To Create a Sequence Schedule:
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the user's initials in the bottom left corner of the navigation sidebar.
- Click Schedules under the System Config section of the Settings panel.
- Click Add.
Note: If updating an existing schedule, click the applicable schedule to update. If you cannot access a schedule, contact the Outreach Admin for more information.
- Input the name of the schedule in the Schedule Name: field.
- Click to select or deselect the Scheduling options as outlined in the table below:
Scheduling Option Description Use prospect's timezone as default Scheduled emails and tasks process based on the timezone listed for each individual Prospect. Use sender's timezone if prospect timezone is unavailable Scheduled emails and tasks process based on the sequencer's default timezone as established by the user's calendar settings instead of the schedule's default timezone.
- Select the applicable default timezone from the default timezone dropdown menu. Note: For more information regarding time zones, refer to the applicable time zones articles.
- Click to select or deselect the Exclude Federal US holidays from schedule option as applicable. Note: Scheduled tasks resume based on the next available schedule block after the holiday.
- Click Add Time Block for the applicable day and select the applicable timeframe of availability.
- Click Done.
- Repeat Step 9 for all applicable days.
- Click Save.
The Sequence Schedule is set.