The purpose of this article is to provide direction to Outreach Users in creating a template in Outreach.
Templates provide Users with quick access to content frequently used in sequences, one-off, and single-compose emails.
- Outreach Users
- Some Outreach views and options require Admin-level governance permissions. If the options outlined in this article are unavailable, contact the Org's Outreach Administrator as applicable. For more information regarding governance profile settings, refer to the Governance Profile Settings Overview article.
- Outreach recommends Users always preview and test templates prior to implementing them into a workflow to avoid errors or negative experiences.
- Access the Outreach Platform.
- Click the Templates icon (overlaid squares) in the navigation sidebar.
- Click +Template.
- In the pop-up window, select the method by which to create your new template.
Option Description Blank Create a new template from scratch.
- Click Blank.
- Proceed to Step 5.
Blueprint Creates a new template using common variables as a starting point.
- Click Blueprint.
- Search and click the applicable template to build from.
- Proceed to Step 5.
Clone Creates a copy of an existing template for modification.
- Click Clone.
- Search and click the applicable template to clone.
- Proceed to Step 5.
- Input the template name in the Name: field.
- Input the template subject in the Subject: field.
Note: The subject and body of the template page are associated with the subject and body of an email.
- Configure the template as applicable using the tools described in the table below:
Tool Description Format Provides basic text and style formatting options.
Note: Outreach recommends removing formatting from copy/pasted content to ensure a uniform display is received by the prospect.
Attachment Attach files to automatically send with the template.
Note: Attachments are limited to 5 MB.
Insert hyperlinks into text within the template.
Picture Inserts a user-selected image including GIF files Add Template Insert additional templates to improve from. Add Snippet Insert snippets into the template. Tracking Provides the user with tracking options:
- Track clicks
- Track opens
Add Variable Add variables to create personalized content listed in the prospect's profile.
Note: Outreach advises Users preview and test template variables to avoid issues. For more information regarding variables, refer to the Variables Overview article.
Add HTML Insert HTML into the template.
Note: Outreach recommends users test HTML content prior to adding to Outreach content. Contact your Outreach Admin for HTML assistance as applicable.Note: Any URLs inserted in the template (e.g., in links, HTML, as in-line text, etc.) may have a maximum of 2048 characters.
- Click Add Email to add recipients to the template.
Note: Outreach advises against adding default recipients to templates. The mailbox needs to be either a user in the system or a mailbox contact. If an email to a prospect has not been sent from the mailbox, the email address won't appear as an option to be added.
- Add tags and associate collections to the template as applicable.
Note: For more information regarding tags and collections, refer to the applicable articles.
- Select the applicable owner from the Owner dropdown menu.
- Select the applicable visibility option from the Visibility dropdown menu.
Option Description Private to Owner Only the owner can view and use the template. Others can see it Users can see the template, but only the owner can use and configure the template. Others can modify it The template can be used and modified by other Users. Note: This option must be enabled to share a template with other Users.Note: The ability to share a template with other Users is controlled using these Visibility options.
- Click Save. The new template is added and available for use.
A Note about Cloning vs. Linking Templates in Sequence
Outreach provides Users the ability to link or clone an existing template to a Sequence Step.
Cloning a template is copying the text and pasting it into a new template. Any adjustments made to the text within the sequence step will not be reflected in the master copy of the template text.
Linking the template will link the local template to the master template. Any changes made to the template locally within a sequence will change the master template throughout Outreach. It also keeps the statistics on opens/clicks/replies consistent throughout the platform.
If a User accidentally links a template or decides against linking a template, Outreach provides the User the ability to Unlink the template by clicking Unlink in the notification.